A variety of things are lined up under the Campus Connect initiative.
5. How is Infosys making this exclusive for the participating colleges?
- Seminars and faculty training for colleges: This will give an industry perspective
to the faculty.
- Aligning the college curriculum with industry requirements and working with educational
bodies for implementing it.
- Publishing Infosys courseware on the web: This will give students and faculty access
to courseware designed by us. The courseware adds to the existing college courseware
and highlights the integrated, systems way of looking at hitherto discrete topics.
This is the courseware we use to prepare our new recruits for global “industry ready”
- Sabbatical for Professors: Professors can pursue areas of research interest with
us, and also add to the intellectual content.
a) Assistance to the faculty in order to introduce industry oriented courses
b) Sabbaticals for the faculty
c) Sponsorship of events in the tech-fests of the colleges
d) Technical seminars by expert Infoscions in their campuses
e) Allowing industry visits by students of the college to Infosys campuses
6. What kind of sabbatical projects will be provided to the professors?
Projects that require expert inputs and have some element in conceptualizing, defining,
and prototyping the solution. The outcome may be a paper, a prototype, an analysis
and so on which has mutual value.
7. What are the components of a student project in the project-bank?
There are 3 documents for a student project. One is the project description document,
giving details about the functional components, milestones, hardware/software requirements,
references etc. Then, there is a student’s kit consisting of the templates to use
for the project (requirements specification, database description, test-plan etc).
Finally, there is a faculty kit which is visible only for the faculty logins. This
contains some points on the evaluation strategy at each milestone of the project.
8. What kind of help will be provided by Infosys towards these projects?
The idea is to make the project descriptions and kits detailed enough for the students
to carry on the project. In general, Infosys will not be involved in those projects
in the way of assistance, monitoring, evaluation etc. However, if some Alumni Infoscions
want to offer help to the students, they can do so either through mails or through
the discussion forum in the portal.
9. What is the Campus Connect portal for?
The portal is an important element of this program. It serves several purposes like
providing Infosys courseware, providing student projects and sabbatical projects,
fostering discussion among the faculty/student/alumni through a discussion forum,
providing a link to the Alumni Infoscions and hosting important news and events
related to the program.